Monday, September 17, 2007

I made it to Peru!

how is everyone doing. i couldn´t be better. i made into lima, peru last friday after a 7 hour flight. it was supposed to take six hours but we had to fly above lima for an hour because of bad weather. we got in about 11 pm and the country director, michael hirsch, was there to greet us. from the airport we headed to a ¨resort¨ and spent the weekend there. on sunday we went to our training center and it was there that i met my family. my family is very nice. my mother´s name is emma, my father´s name is david, my 11 year old brother´s name is joaquin, my 9 year old brother´s name is matias, and my 5 year old cousin´s name is fabiola. She lives with us. her parents live in the united states. all the kids are cute and the family is loving. i think that they all enjoy having me here. they are very patient with me as my spanish is terrible...however...i learn a lot each day.

because of time limitations, this is all i can write for now. i love and miss you all and i hope that you enjoy my pictures!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

We're glad that you made it to Peru safely and that you are having a good time so far. We all miss you and look forward to hearing more from you. Love, Stephanie, Luke and Jack

Stephanie said...

I wasn't able to get your pictures, are you sure that you attached them?

Unknown said...

Hey its good to hear that you are doing great in peru...cant wait to hear more about your stay!

Anonymous said...

Paul, we would all love to see some photos of where you are staying and of your host family.

Love,
Dad and Karen

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

Paul, this is your half brother Paul Garcia from Lima. What's up!?!?! Remember all those good times we had harvesting plantains on the backs of elephants?

I miss you bro, and I wish you could make it to my wedding. My husband would love to meet you!

Hasta Luego Muchacho